Saturday, March 7, 2009

6 Months & Counting



Well, I'm officially in my 6th month and I'm well pregnant. People keep telling me that I'm "glowing" which is nice, although they also keep telling me how "big" I'm getting which I could live without hearing. Like, yeah no shit people, I've got a human being growing in my stomach. Ahhhh, just 3 more months of this. 

We also started our child birthing classes this week and it's especially fun to hear all the men commiserate about the hardships of being with a pregnant woman such as how the bed is getting smaller because of our big bellies and pillows! Poor things:) But I'm excited to learn as much as possible about what we can expect during the labor. I'm determined to try for a natural birth but we'll see how well I can cope with the pain. I know Chi will be a big help and we're considering hiring a doula. I guess it also depends on the baby and if he is in the right position, etc. Can't control that! One of my friends got to 8cm without the epidural before they realized the baby was facing the wrong way and that she needed a c-section! I will be really bummed out if I have to have one. I can't believe people actually opt for cesarians when they don't need one..Crazy! Oh well, we're just hoping for the best! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey sistergirl, you look fantastic!! I love the crib you picked out for Luke. It's beautiful. I love the darker wood and the pattern you picked out for the bedding -- how precious. Your rocker/glider looks very comfy too. Moosie better move over. Ha-ha!

    ReplyDelete