He's here! One day before his due date, my water broke at 1 o'clock in the afternoon. Unfortunately my labor never started so 18 hours later I had to be induced at the hospital which kind of blew my plans for a natural labor/delivery. Once my labor finally got started it took 21 hours with 3 hours of pushing to get this little...BIG...guy here! Luke was 8lbs. 13oz. and 20.9 inches long at birth. It was such an amazing experience and me and Chi-Yun were so in love with the baby and each other when it was all over. We left the hospital a little after 4pm on Monday and I cried all the way home it was such a beautiful moment: Under cloudy grey skies the rain was gently falling, the radio played Dinah Washington's "I Only Know," dad was driving and I sat in the back seat and just stared at our sweet baby Luke and cried as I wondered at how awesome life could be!
Dinah Washington "I Only Know"
I only know that I'm in love with you,
I only know that you're my dream,
I don't know how it happened or how it came to be,
Don't even know the reason why you mean so much to me,
I only know i'd give my life for you and where you go right there i'll be,
I don't know why i want to forever be with you,
I only know that I'm in love with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment